Personal hygiene should not be secondary. Rather, it should be an important part of your daily routine. Maintaining personal hygiene should simply be a lifestyle choice that you must adopt, not just to look presentable but also to create a healthier and caring environment for the ones you dearly love.
Here are some of the offensive behavior that is usually displayed by older men and that which need to be avoided.
- Get rid of bad breath – This is the most important thing that you need to ensure, especially if you meet a lot of people. Bad breath is a major turnoff. Therefore, make time to maintain a good dental health.
- Get rid of body odor – Everyone has a distinct body smell caused by bacteria but when this reacts with the body sweat and the sebum released from the pores of the skin, it gives out bad odor and this changes with age. The best way to get rid of body odor is to take a good shower with a sweet-smelling soap. You may or may not choose to spray a deodorant/scent to smell even better.
- Keep your feet clean – It is a common experience when people take off their shoes, the room is filled with a stench. It is very embarrassing. In order to avoid such situations, wear good quality clean shoes, a fresh pair of socks, and keep your feet and toenails clean always.
- Take care of your skin – As you grow old, your skin tends to be worn out and undernourished. It is, therefore, important that you incorporate a proper skin regime. Moreover, the scalp of your head also forms a part of your skin. As you grow older, your scalp tends to be flaky. Hence, it is essential that you take care of your hair as well.
- Control your facial hair – If you do not have time maintaining a mustache or beard or if you are the kind of person, who have stubbles on your face, then a good clean shave will make you more presentable. However, if you are into beards and styling, then ensure to groom your beard always.
- Tame or trim your body hair – Another part that requires equal attention is your body hair. This does not mean you have to go and get a full body wax. Rather, it is good enough if you pay attention to excessive hair growth in the unwanted places such as the back of your ears, back, knuckles or in the underarms and groin areas. While these make you less presentable and hair in the underarm or groin area will lead to bad odor, it is advised to trim the hair in these regions using a manscaped cordless electric trimmer or go for other solutions such as waxing or laser.
- Pay attention to your nails – Most people tend to ignore their nails but long, untamed, and dirty nails are a definite no. Moreover, with age nails tend to discolor and thin out. Therefore, you must eat the right food, drink healthy, and remember to moisturize for a healthier set of nails.
- Control incontinence – Leaking urine has nothing to do with your physical appearance but is concerned with your general health that might lead to an embarrassing situation if not learned to control properly. Hence, learn to control your urine flow by training your bladder or consulting a urologist if the problem persists.