A low carb diet is a diet that limits the intake of carbs found in foods such as rice, pasta, sugar, bread and more. There are many types of low carb diet programs available that are effective in offering weight loss and improve health. In fact, this article compares nutrisystem, medifast and jenny craig diet programs that deliver low carb diet foods to their dieters.
When you are planning to take a low carb diet, the result totally depends on your current weight, fitness level, age and your goal. As a general rule, when you are on a low carb diet plan you will have to eat eggs, meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, fats, high fat dairy, healthy oils and grains that are non-gluten. At the same time, you should not eat foods that are high in sugar, trans fat, wheat, seed oils, HFCS and highly processed foods.
When following a low carb diet, you need to base your diet on the following foods:
- Fish: Trout, Salmon, haddock and more. Wild caught fish is best recommended
- Meat: Lamb, beef, chicken, pork and others; grass fed is preferable
- Eggs: Pastures eggs or Omega- 3 enriched eggs are the best
- Fruits: Blueberries, Strawberries, Oranges, Pears, Apples
- Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Carrots and others
- High fat dairy: Yoghurt, heavy cream, butter and Cheese
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds and more
- Fats and oils: Olive oil, butter, coconut oil, fish oil and lard
If you are seriously aiming for weight loss you have to be careful with consumption of cheese and nuts. You are suggested to eat them in moderation and do not eat more than one fruit per day.
You can have the following in moderation:
Legumes, tubers, unrefined grains, dark chocolates, wine, sugar free carbonated beverages, coffee, tea and plenty of water.…Continue Reading